“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
Healthy homemade food for a healthy you.
View the “Fuel Food” menu above to see separate recipes. Here is the very popular hummus recipe to help get you started. No diet fads, no meal plans, much more about healthy foods for fuel.
Hummus is delicious and has a lovely texture. Can be eaten with bread, carrot sticks, sweet peppers, cucumber sticks – anything you want really! Chickpeas are full of protein. Very easy to make in 5-10 mins max. I was inspired to make this after discovering how easy it was from Happybody. Now it’s done every week.
Ingredients (3 bowls worth):
- 400g organic chickpeas
- 1x garlic clove (roughly chopped)
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- ¼ cup whole tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2x tbsp rapeseed oil (or olive/hemp seed oil)
- 1x desert spoon bio yoghurt or mascarpone
- pinch of salt
- paprika for garnish
- Add all ingredients, except the paprika garnish, to a food processor.
- Blend until thick and creamy. You only need about 15-30 seconds, depending on how smooth or rough you want your hummus.
- Serve in a bowl.
- Sprinkle on some paprika for garnish.
- Serve with some homemade bread!
- To store: Seal or cover with cling film and keep in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Chickpeas deliver essential proteins, and are said to help reduce cholesterol. Hummus also provides healthy oils through tahini and the particular oil you choose to add. Plus you gain a number of essential vitamin and minerals – and although hummus can be high in fat, it is mostly healthy unsaturated fat. No problem with that when you’re running it off or eating as post-run recovery. The bio yoghurt or mascarpone adds a lovely creaminess.
Easy, quick, healthy. And your friends will love it 🙂