Beets are a great energy booster and detoxifier – plus aphrodisiac apparently! Chickpeas are full of protein. This really is delicious and the beets add sweetness. Very easy to make in 5-10 mins max.
Ingredients (3 bowls worth):
- 800g organic chickpeas
- 1x large pickled beetroot
- 1x garlic clove (roughly chopped)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup whole tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2x tbsp rapeseed oil (or olive/hemp seed oil)
- pinch of salt
- paprika for garnish
- Add all ingredients, except the paprika garnish, to a food processor.
- Blend until thick and creamy. You only need about 15-30 seconds, depending on how smooth or rough you want your beets hummus.
- Serve in a bowl.
- Sprinkle on some paprika for garnish.
- Serve with some homemade bread!
- To store: Seal or cover with cling cheap valium no prescription film and keep in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Firstly the hummus itself. Chickpeas deliver essential proteins, and are said to help reduce cholesterol. Hummus also provides healthy oils through tahini and the particular oil you choose to add. Plus you gain a number of essential vitamin and minerals – and although hummus can be high in fat, it is mostly healthy unsaturated fat. No problem with that when you’re running it off or eating as post-run recovery.
And when you add beets… filled with vitamins and nutrients themselves, you really are eating like an Olympic champion! More fuel for your exercise.
Now you are on the way to the renowned Mediterranean diet!
Enjoy with a nice smoothie!