Hummus is delicious and has a lovely texture. Can be eaten with bread, carrot sticks, sweet peppers, cucumber sticks – anything you want really! Chickpeas are full of protein. Very easy to make in 5-10 mins max. I was inspired to make this after discovering how easy it was from Happybody. Now it’s done every week.
Ingredients (3 bowls worth):
- 400g organic chickpeas
- 1x garlic clove (roughly chopped)
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- ¼ cup whole tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2x tbsp rapeseed oil (or olive/hemp seed oil)
- 1x desert spoon bio yoghurt or mascarpone
- pinch of salt
- paprika for garnish
- Add all ingredients, except the paprika garnish, to a food processor.
- Blend until thick and creamy. You only need about 15-30 seconds, depending on how smooth or rough you want inderal online purchase your hummus.
- Serve in a bowl.
- Sprinkle on some paprika for garnish.
- Serve with some homemade bread!
- To store: Seal or cover with cling film and keep in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Chickpeas deliver essential proteins, and are said to help reduce cholesterol. Hummus also provides healthy oils through tahini and the particular oil you choose to add. Plus you gain a number of essential vitamin and minerals – and although hummus can be high in fat, it is mostly healthy unsaturated fat. No problem with that when you’re running it off or eating as post-run recovery. The bio yoghurt or mascarpone adds a lovely creaminess.
Easy, quick, healthy. And your friends will love it 🙂
Enjoy with a nice smoothie!