Cashew Butter Homemade
Homemade cashew butter is sooo much nicer than shop bought. Smooth, sticky and creamy it is nirvana in a jar.
Makes about 1 x 400ml jar
- 400g organic cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1x tbsp rapeseed or sesame oil
- 4x tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1x tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
Prep 2 mins, cooking & mixing time 10 mins max
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place the cashew nuts on a baking tray, add to the hot oven and bake for up 10 mins (don’t let them burn).
- Take the cashews out of the oven and put on a plate to cool down.
- When cool, put them in a food processor.
- Add the oil, plus optional coconut oil and ground cinnamon if wanted.
- Blend for about 10 seconds so the mix is rough (see below)
- Scrape the sides with a spatular, then blend again for 20 seconds (it’s still rough but getting smoother)
- Scrape sides again, then blend for between 1-3 minutes buy cheap tramadol 100mg online, online propranolol (you want your butter mix to be smooth and creamy so the exact timing depends on the power of your blender – I’m using a Magimix).
- Drizzle your homemade cashew butter into a clean sterilised jar (you can sterilise a jar by simply cleaning it and putting the open jar into the oven).
- Should keep in a jar for 3-4 weeks minimum.
- Serve with banana, smoothies, simply on oat cakes or a cracker. Absolutely lovely!
Don’t forget to lick the bowl! 🙂
Well apart from the delicious taste, cashew butter seems to be easier to digest than peanut butter. Cashew butter is high in protein, B vitamins and unsaturated fats. These are good fats which help your metabolism, boost your immune system and are good for skin and muscle tone. The inclusion of a small amount of coconut oil in this recipe means it is even better for your skin. For more information on cashew butter health benefits read this summary.
Hope you enjoy 🙂