Ice Cream ‘au naturel’
This [faux] ice cream is totally natural, absolutely delicious and cheap 🙂 No rubbish or even dairy.
What’s more is it’s full of energy & vitamins. Can you guess how it’s made? I had no idea until coming across this technique on Happybody and adapted it.
- Peel 2 bananas and place into a food blender.
- ½ cup mixed berries – I used strawberry, raspberry, blueberry here.
- Blend for anything up to 2 minutes, until you have a creamy or smoothie type texture (see below).
- Freeze for 2-3hrs, then enjoy! The sensation in your mouth is almost a hybrid of ice cream and sorbet.
NOTE: I did initially do this by freezing the bananas before blending – but this nearly broke said blender!
* You can easily sweeten this with 1x tsp or 1x tbsp of runny honey.
* You could also add 1x tbsp coconut oil.
* As an alternative to berries, you could use nectarine, peach, apricots.
It really is simple and so refreshing. Ideal for a hot, sunny day. Tested this on family too and no-one knew it contained banana. They all thought it was ice cream 🙂
Vitamins aplenty. What’s more is the bananas give you energy and the berries antioxidants. You could easily throw in some nuts too for healthy fats!
Make a habit of stocking in your freezer. You won’t regret it!